As a driver, especially when behind the wheel, your actions will affect you, others in the car, and anyone else who happens to be on the road near you. One way to promote safety is to always wear your seat belt when the car is in motion. If you don’t like wearing a seat belt, you feel uncomfortable or you just don’t find the task to be very important, then rethink!
Below are some key reasons for wearing your seatbelt:
1. Seat belts can save your live in a crash.
2. Seat belts can reduce your risk of a serious injury in a crash.
3. Thousands of people who die in car crashes each year might still be alive if they had been wearing their seat belts.
4. It is very easy and simple and it only takes only three seconds to put it on.
5. It is the law. But seatbelts are there to protect and not to punish you.
It’s important to remember that your actions don’t just affect you, but others, too. Therefore, any time you’re on the road, make safe decisions. Seat belts save lives so buckle up on every trip, no matter how short your trip is.
G.O. Kwarteng Manager,
SHE AngloGold Ashanti