in

AGA Safety Brief: COMMON CAUSES OF HOUSE FIRES

Most fires that occur in our houses are mainly caused by electrical faults, candles, curious kids, hot cooking pans and open flames. However you can take measures to avoid fire in home and ensure the safety of your family. Below are some of the most common causes of house fires, and some tips to take precautions.
1. Cooking pots and pans can overheat and cause a fire very easily if the person cooking gets distracted and leaves cooking unattended. Always stay in the room, or ask someone to watch your food when you have to leave the kitchen to attend to other issues.

2. Candles when left unattended can cause a room to easily burst into flames. Keep candles away from any obviously flammable items such as books and tissue boxes. Always blow a candle out before leaving a room.

3. Kids can cause fire out of curiosity, to see what would happen if they set fire to an object. Keep any matches or lighters out of reach of children, to avoid any curiosity turned disaster.

4. Homes with inadequate/faulty wiring can cause fires. If you see any of these signs below, inform your landlord or invite a qualified electrician to inspect your house:

  • Lights dim if you use another appliance;
  • For an appliance to work, you have to disconnect another;
  • Fuses blow or trip the circuit frequently.

 

G.O. Kwarteng

Manager,

SHE AngloGold Ashanti 

What do you think?

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

DELAY IN MANIFESTO BY POLITICIANS AN INSULT TO GHANAIANS- SUPREMO

Common Mistake Most Women Make In A Relationship