Job Summary: To coordinate and supervise the recording, compilation, Compliance, and submission of day-to-day accounts and various financial accounting reports in the Finance Department.
- Analyze business performance /results, providing feedback to Senior Management on monthly activities.
- Track and monitor revenue for accuracy, verifying it against sub-ledger monthly.
- Ensure that revenue is allocated correctly, acting where inconsistencies arise.
- Monitor and track the debtor’s aging report to ensure that collections are consistent with the set company time frame.
Budgeting / Forecasting & Reporting
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual/quarterly budgets with revisions as and when due.
- Ensure the accurate preparation/reporting of monthly financial results in accordance with the company deadlines.
- Ensure that cash flow adequately supports company work activities and produces optimal results.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in MIS reports.
- Collate all relevant information to produce end-of-year statutory accounts for the company.
- Ensure all company assets are accurately accounted.
- On a monthly basis ensure the general ledger is reconciled with the assets register
- Make sure that the asset procurement is done as per the budget.
Regulation & Statutory Compliance
- Ensure that the statutory tax returns and various reports are submitted to the authorities.
- Collect and collate all necessary documentation in readiness and preparation of company tax returns ( VAT, IRS, and SSNIT, etc)
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related subject
- Professional qualification will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and corporate finance
- Knowledge of Ghanaian tax laws
- Communication proficiency
- Team player
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Confidentiality, time management, and ability to work independently.
- Excellent reporting, data entry, and records management skills, attention to detail, and deadline oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Mode of Application
All interested persons with the requisite qualification and skills should submit their application, curriculum vitae, and other credentials to the Head, Human Resources through email@example.com not later than January 20, 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.