The Mobile Crane Rigger is accountable for rigging or performing similar functions in compliance with the code and the use of mobile cranes in a compliant (primarily with LI2182) manner as instructed and during the operation of the Mobile Crane.
- Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
- Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
- Comply with AGAG Environmental Management, compliance, and other legal requirements.
- Take action to prevent environmental pollution
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Correct, or report to their supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices, and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor.
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Execute rigging and its related tasks in compliance and accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start inspection of rigging gear prior to every lifting operation. Escalate and report any anomalies including shortage of rigging gear.
- Assess all rigging gear required for completion of the load to be lifted/ rigged or secured.
- Recognize any rigging equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the task for all lifting operation.
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Perform all activities within the safe working envelope, take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Stop equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and immediately report to supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level Certificate
- Minimum certificate of rigging operation
- Computer literacy in basic Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skill in the English Language
- Driving operating skills with valid driving/ operation license
- A minimum of Two (2) years experience as a Rigger.
- Must be Familiar with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Familiar with working in compliance with LI2182
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 1ST SEPTEMBER, 2022.