What’s wrong with sitting?
The effects of spending too much time in a chair are manifold. Electrical activity in leg muscles shuts down; your body effectively stops burning calories; enzymes that break down fat drop by 90 percent according scientist; etc.
The real problem is that even after a long working day, many people continue spending their free time in front of a screen, watching TV, playing video games, browsing the Internet or chatting with friends online.
But the reality is that you probably have a traditional desk and swivel chair. Your options are limited.
What can you do? Here are some ways to improve your ergonomics both at work and at home:
1. Standing when you use your phone (or use a cordless handset or headset so you can move around even
2. Moving your rubbish bin/printer further away from your desk so you need to get off your chair to access
3. Taking the stairs instead of the lifts between floors
4. Walking to a colleague to talk to them instead of sending an email
5. Getting up to move around for few minutes or so every hour
Manager – SHE