AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join them as Contractor Safety and Training Specialist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to deliver safety training programs for contractor employees to ensure on-boarding checks, assessment and approvals, review of contractor permit to work systems to ensure compliance and overall ensure the delivery of safety training as per reviewed safety training matrix, and to monitor contractor compliance to statutory safety requirements.
- Ensure all contractor safety training procedures and standards are up to date and fully implemented.
- Develop OHS training needs analysis and plan for the mine
- Ensure that all Safety trainings (Contractor Safety Inductions, HRM, Technical, Work Pack, Risk-based Inductions) are conducted as planned and applicable records kept.
- Liaise with Line Management regarding safety skills gaps and training as requested and align training to legal, operational, and work practices/requirements.
- Support the line management to ensure that OHS-related contraventions are addressed through appropriate training
- Ensure contractor safety audits are completed and effective actions generated and properly followed up till they are fixed
- Ensure all contractors are periodically assessed to understand compliance with MINCOM statutory safety requirements
- Ensure training resources and training facilities are well maintained.
- Ensure OHS training modules are designed and prepared to meet the AGA requirements and the training needs of the employees.
- Ensure timely completion of reports on all safety trainings delivered to contractors and submission to the Senior Manager – Safety & Health
- Review the Safety Management Plan for all small contractors and ensure they are consistent with AGA Standards and Procedures, as well as ISO 45001 and 14001 requirements
- Complete and sign off Contractor On-boarding certificate ensuring all requirements satisfied to meet AGAG requirements. Oversee all contractor OHS onboarding management processes (technical adjudication; commencement certificate; induction; kick off meeting; contract owner engagement)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Health and Safety certificate of competency – Inspectorate Division of Minerals Commission
- Must have a Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences or a similar qualification from a recognized institution.
- Must be certified as a Lead / Internal Auditor for ISO 45001 and 14001
- Certified trainer with a minimum of 3 years training experience in the mining industry
- Must have 5 years’ experience working in Health and Safety supervisory role.
- Must have at least 3 years of training experience in the mining industry and certified as a trainer
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of General Safety management systems; especially Underground Safety
- Audit and Inspection – Has completed an external safety or lead audit course. Has participated in audits at other sites as a team member and can develop workplace inspection systems.
- Incident investigation – Has successfully completed Incident Investigation program training course and can apply this knowledge to lead investigations for moderate or high events and can participate as a team member in major and extreme events.
- Data and Information management – Understands basic lead and lag safety data and can manipulate this data to develop short term safety improvement plans. Ability to develop work plans for teams to meet predetermined objectives
- Must have good planning, integration, and resource management skills
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH JANUARY, 2022.
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com