AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join as Electrical Technician – Rail System.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician-Rail System will report to the Electrical Supervisor – UG and is accountable for executing all electrical maintenance, repairs for the underground Rail system as required and tasked covering day/night or on shift basis in a safe and compliant manner. The role is to also assist and understudy the Rail System and for the Phase 3 project at KMS.
- Accept personal responsibility for his/her own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of assigned job
- Must correct, or report to supervisor any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well as make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management
- Interface with contractors as directed and or construction team regarding electrical work tasks for project work and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule, and expectations
- Attend training, development, and performance improvement training as required
- Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of tasked work, create checklist, and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognize any machine and electrical equipment anomalies that would indicate requirement for maintenance, report and escalate
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of tasked work for all underground and maintenance activities
- Assess all components of underground rail transport and rolling stock systems to identify and correct defects as well as execute maintenance schedule and all related works for the smooth operations and maintenance of the rail systems
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Carry out work cost effectively
- Stop any underground electrical equipment operation if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering Technician Certificate Part I or equivalent
- Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical trade apprenticeship
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Underground infrastructure maintenance working experience
- Knowledge in rail transport and rolling stock systems
- Knowledge in troubleshooting faults in electrical/electronic systems
- Ability to work on low and medium voltage equipment
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 24TH OCTOBER, 2022.