AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join them as an Underground Shiftboss.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Shiftboss role is a regulatory mandated role that leads the Quality Assurance and Control and ensures compliance to the mining and other related legislation. The incumbent will also manage risk of all underground mining ore extraction activities to the required standards.
- Establish the necessary production processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine
- Maintain good working knowledge of the following relevant provisions applicable to the mine:
- Mineral and Mining (Health and Safety and Technical) Regulations 2012(L.I 282)
- Mineral and Mining (Explosives) Regulations 2012(L.I 2177)
- All internal Occupational Health and Safety Standards and procedures
- Occupational Health and Safety Management system requirements
- Managerial Instructions and Code of Practice
- Compliance with Labour Act, AGA and Obuasi HR policies
- Assist in development of the annual production cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and Life of Mine (LoM) business plans
- Deliver the work of the production function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the production department and with own production team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Recommend and optimize the approach for conducting specialist projects and research in the production process and procedures
- Report on the development and progress of initiatives and enhancements of the production function, to include outputs and befits obtained.
- Present solutions to specific problems with defined resolution methodologies and resources to deliver improved performance in processes and procedures
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc. / Diploma degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ operational experience within an underground mining environment of which at least two (2) years is at supervisory level;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of fundamental underground development and production methods
- Proficient in the use of Mining Software
- Underground Shiftboss Certificate of Competency or equivalent, as required by the Minerals Commission (Chief Inspector of Mines)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Understands the mining processes and actively contributes in part to delivery of the expected outcome / service the mining processes deliver.
- Has demonstrated ability to apply technical skills and/or delivery of a service within one or more of the mining processes with minimal supervision.
- Can identify potential problems and propose solutions for higher approval.
- Directly responsible for delivering a production aspect of the plan.
- Understands good underground production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH JANUARY, 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List