The Clerk of Works reports to the C & I Engineer and is accountable for overseeing the quality of the installation of the Automation and Instrumentation in a compliant and presentable manner with respect to works on the Obuasi mine Phase 3 Project.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s Environmental management plan.
- Report to the C & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety and quality of works in progress.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and able to report early any constraints that may arise during the project.
- Oversee and inspect the A & I installations to ensure that the installations adhere to AGAG’s specifications with respect to relevant hookup drawings, corrosion protection, earthing protection. Also ensuring the installation is presented in a well fashioned manner
- Prepare and conduct walkdowns of construction complete Subsystems
- Produce and maintain a punch-list register generated from the walkdowns.
- Produce Non-conformance reports and participate in the solution process as these matters arise
- Be part of the Process to create a Manufacturers Data Report.
- Create and maintain a Dossier as part of the MDR for the construction installation, testing and commissioning ready for handover to Operations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Trade background or higher in Electrical/Instrumentation preferred.
- QA/QC management certification
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Instrumentation/electrical installations in a mining environment.
- QA/QC roles in a construction phase of mining projects.
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Be well organized and able to create functional file structures for the purpose of creating a dossier and MDR.
- Able to prepare and execute subsystem walkdowns in a timely manner.
- Be able to understand and interpret the content of different types of QA/QC forms and reports.
- Be able to understand network, loop, terminal and schematic drawings.
- Be able to understand and implement Instrument hookup drawings.
- Address any deficiencies in the A & I installation processes and procedure either directly or through normal chain of command
- Be part of a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team.
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others.
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 29TH MARCH, 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com