The role holder provides strategic, tactical and operational support for assigned functions across the full range of Asset Management, Engineering and Maintenance activities thereby ensuring operational excellence and adherence to Operations and Group standards, policies and procedures.
He/she will also provide direct output support to both the Site and Regional management in the identification and adoption of relevant discipline strategy, provision of competent technical support to the operations, provision of governance/assurance and representation of AGA on all matters relating to the discipline inclusive the interaction and benchmarking with the peers in the industry.
- Provide input into the development of the Asset Management Strategy and to serve as the discipline master to the regions in the role out of the Asset Management strategy within the mining operations.
- Development and implementation of medium and long-term equipment strategies to ensure the sustainability of the operations
- Review and adapt/adopt group standards and procedures inclusive the development and management of compliance to regional specific standards and specifications
- Identify new technologies, systems and processes through technology scanning, development, innovation and industry knowledge sharing to address business opportunities
- Develop and realize the 24-month to LOM plan.
- Solicit and provide Operational and Projects consulting services via either group specialist resources or external service providers to support the regional Asset Management and projects teams.
- De-risk operations by the identification, justification and implementation of the discipline specific Asset Integrity assessments and 3-year SIB capital requirements within the operations
- Support preparation of documentation and justification as per the group standards in terms of SIB Management
- Lead the identification of performance measures to proactively identify emerging trends of both equipment and cost performance trends through analysis and benchmarking.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Behavior consistent with AngloGold Ashanti’s Vision and Values
- Formal Project management training
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the discipline
- Track record of finding practical and innovative solutions in maintenance
- Track record of successfully managing and delivering projects on time and within budget
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to explore and embrace different cultures
- Preparedness to undertake extensive business travel
- Strong track record in Marc and contractor mining management
- Deep understanding of mining equipment and process plant maintenance practices inclusive work management, defect elimination and tactic development
- Deep understanding of both open cast mining equipment and underground mining equipment
- Sound understanding of both opencast and underground mining methods and terminology.
- Sound understanding of gold processing specifically crushing, milling and flotation
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Ghanaians should view the details of the full advert on the company’s career page address below and submit applications, with detailed CV, online:
CLOSING DATE: 17TH JUNE 2022