ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – Technical Services
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To coordinate all mine engineering activities, review documentation and provide technical input and support, as and when required.
- Improve and standardize the current mine planning methods, introducing, and developing modern systems and methods to minimize risk, maximize efficiency and improve safety.
- Review and assess the current and proposed mine planning methods, systems, and output of short, medium- and long-term plans.
- Strengthen the mine engineering function by introducing and establishing an agreed annual planning cycle for the preparation and review of five years (5) plan and action programs.
- Establish and standardize detailed planning and progress reports on an agreed time basis clearly defining actual progress compared to plan and any resultant consequences.
- Improve the mine plans and layouts, based on international best practice, to increase efficiency of extraction, minimize risk and improve safety, including identifying and assessing efficiency schemes and projects.
- Thoroughly review and assess the current methods and systems that are used to determine the geological exploration programme. Enhance the exploration programme to minimize geological risk and give security to the laying out of future workings.
- Manage Short and Long term mine plans to maintain the essential link between long term mine plans and short-term planning.
- Support and ensure compliance to Operational Excellence at Iduapriem Mine.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or its equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
- A minimum of 8-10 years working experience in open pit hard rock gold mining with at least 3 years in a similar role within the mining industry.
- Must have project management experience in surface mine operations. Planning of work (civil and mechanical).
- Strong analytical, communication and modelling skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with quality of work as a priority.
- A proven international experience and ability to influence and work across various cultures.
- Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Mining Engineer with a Mine Superintendent Certificate of Competence
- Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive Light Vehicle
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by clicking on “APPLY” button below before close of business on Tuesday, 07 September 2021. Applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AAIL.
BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!!! AAIL does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233 277 761 555Ext 2222 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by calling 0800 400 01 or sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the internet at www.tip-offs.com