ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Engineering Technician – Data Control
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
The incumbent among other duties will support the team to notifications, work orders, reservations and distribute PM work orders to various accountable work groups supervisors.
- Work safely in all areas and identify potential safety hazards and work with management to correct them
- Attend and participate in pre-shutdown meetings
- Identify completed task from supervisor’s shift book and follow up with notification
- Record and distribute PM work orders weekly to various accountable work groups supervisors
- Create a “follow-on notification” from closed work orders
- Track and close all closed work orders from executioners
- Input daily equipment downtimes to feed performance Report
- Update and ensure accurate daily tons and dimension spreadsheet
- Receives instructions, prints and work orders for the job.
- Plans details of working procedure and tools/materials requirements.
- Ensures that areas of responsibility are maintained to a high standard of housekeeping.
- Minimum qualification of HND Mechanical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of one (1) year practical working experience in mining or related environment
- Hands-on experience in the usage of SAP-PM Data capturing
- Ability to interpret basic Engineering drawings
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Ability to work for long hours with quality of work as priority
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- A valid Ghanaian driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicles.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by clicking on “APPLY” button below before close of business on Friday, 10 September 2021. Applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AAIL.
BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!!! AAIL does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233 277 761 555 Ext 2222 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by calling 0800 400 01 or sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or using the internet at www.tip-offs.com