AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined. They are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join the team.
The purpose of the role is to monitor, control and adjust the section in which they are operational, under the supervision and authorization of the Sectional Leads, so as to fulfill the operating purpose of the section for the shift.
The operators are responsible for controlling and recording various parameters such as tonnage throughput, temperatures, slurry density, reagent mixing and dosing. This role is being augmented with a SCADA system which aids the operator in many of these functions. The Plant Operator, in conjunction with the Control Room Operator, must understand the current plant situation, compare it to a desired situation and be able to adjust or control the plant to either return to optimum performance or be maintained in the optimum state.
The plant operators are also responsible for the housekeeping and are tasked to conduct certain maintenance functions such as checking cyclone measurements and ball loads in the mill. Housekeeping operations may not be specifically limited to the areas in which the operators are assigned, and the operators may be called upon to assist with housekeeping in any section of the plant or mine as needed.
- Actively promote and partake in Health, Safety and Environmental actions and improvements
- Comply with Legal Instruments (LI’s) and Codes as laid down by the Republic of Ghana
- Partake in and actively drive housekeeping and loss control
- Constantly monitor and adjust plant processes to:
- Achieve Au production targets for the shift
- Achieve Throughput targets for the shift
- Minimize downtime
- Use plant mechanical and electrical equipment in a manner that protects and prevents unnecessary damage or wear
- Control cost of production consumables, such as reagents, within the processing budget to limit wasteful expenditure
- Record and report chemical stock levels to prevent stock
- Constantly assess and challenge the status quo to identify and align operations to best practice
- Predict impending process upsets with possible remedies / preventions and in the event of not being able to pre- empt the problem, alert the supervisor of the troubles in a timeous manner
- Complete and analyze shift logsheets
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Senior High School Certificate with strong mathematical understanding
- 3 – 5 years Gold Plant experience
- Must be able to record in detail the plant logsheets and reports
- Must be able to operate equipment safely
- Must be able to understand and appreciate the hazards associated with chemicals and equipment found within a processing
- Self-driven to achieve targets and improve the status
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Ghanaians should view the full adverts details on the company’s career page address below and submit applications, with detailed CV, online: obuasilocalemployment@AngloGoldAshanti.com
CLOSING DATE: 19TH AUGUST, 2021
BEWARE OF CONMENT! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Find below detailed info: