AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated person as Mine Manager.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To develop, enhance and sustain the operating systems, processes and work routines introduced across the mining function and undertake the delivery of specific project related initiatives to drive Continuous Improvement outcomes across mining.
- Ensure 100% compliance to set OHS KPIs and also ensure that direct reports also comply with same.
- Ensure there are zero incidents and zero injuries related to activities he/she is involved in or under his/her jurisdiction.
- Accountable for the implementation, communication and enforcement of all environmental legal compliance for the department.
- Identify the environmental aspects of all activities/areas of oversight responsibilities and provide appropriate mitigation measures.
- Investigate, respond and take measures to prevent actual/ potential environmental in the areas of responsibility.
- Install, manage and identify opportunities for optimizing the mining systems, processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine
- Establish and manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control requirements for the mining operations
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
- Complete the development program elements identified and managed by the Senior Manager – Mining
- Develop, communicate, and deliver a rolling 18-month plan, by quarter, that delivers required Mining services and outputs
- Develop and deliver the annual Mining cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and Life of Mine (LoM) business plans
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent, or equivalent operational experience
- Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ operational experience within an underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at senior management level;
- Familiar with Mining Software
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives
- Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimizing performance.
- Understanding of good underground production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Demonstrated ability of delivering to production and cost targets.
- Understanding of good mine planning processes and the ability to drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
- Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing operational mining contracts
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with AngloGold values.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivating skills
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others,
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective cross functional working relationships
- Drive accountability in the department
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 27TH OCTOBER, 2022.