The Senior Surveyor, (MTS) provides accurate and accessible data capture, validation, analysis, and reporting on volumes of all mining works and stockpiles.
- Must contribute to the development of Survey procedures and tools for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, in particular, the modernization of the primary control network and the introduction of the secondary control network
- Must develop and communicate a rolling (4-3-2-1) quarterly plan for the budgeted year identifying Survey priorities, milestones, and events
- Must contribute to the development of the annual cost center budget to achieve the required targets for approved Survey Outputs
- Must manage the delivery of work by the Survey function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs, and related KPIs
- Must demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture within the team and with peers regarding Safety, Health, Environment, and Sustainable Development
- Must provide the systems, resources, and expertise to develop direct reports to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget according to their role and level of authority
- Must rigorously drive implementation of projects and strategies and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within the Survey function
- Must develop and maintain constructive relationships with Stakeholders to collaboratively and effectively deliver the annual plan
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering
- A minimum of five years of proven experience in mine surveying in either an underground or open-pit mining environment of which at least two years is a senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department.
- Experience in Survey functional Management;
- Demonstrate knowledge in the mining operations value chain
- Familiarity with Survey Software
- Safety (Advanced Application): Can identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues, and ensure that appropriate focus and resources. are available to achieve safety objectives.
- MTS Processes & Practices (Advanced Application):
- Understands key underground mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply them in optimizing performance.
- Knows when to engage Specialists support.
- Understanding of good survey practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Abillity to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating others, promoting Collaboration and Teamwork, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationships;
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating Organisational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives;
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analysing Issues, Driving for Results,
- Displaying Technical and Professional expertise, Innovating, Taking Initiative, Championing Change, Establishing Stretch Goals
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with a detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 22ND AUGUST 2022.