AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join their dedicated team as Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Supervisor – Process Plant is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of Processing Plant structural, mechanical, plate work and pipe works refurbishment to standard, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant for reporting performance
• Ensure maximum efficiency of equipment and high plant availability in a safe and sustainable manner by efficiently and effectively maintaining and improving all fixed plant mechanical installations.
• Support the mechanical refurbishment and maintenance of Processing Plant in the project and transition into operations.
• Lead a group of mechanical tradespeople consisting of mechanical fitters, fabricators and boilermakers. Coordinating the day to day issuing of work orders and assisting with any breakdown work daily for the processing plant during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
• Assist the Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for processing equipment.
• Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
• Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Management, or equivalent.
• Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
• An experienced mechanical maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Metallurgical processing plant maintenance.
• Experience with Maintenance/Operating of Processing Plants.
• Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
• Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
• Must possess Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
• Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
• Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
• Sound project management skills
• Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
• Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 31ST JANUARY, 2020.