Back in late March, the beta for WhatsApp received a sizable update, one that included quick reply from notifications, wallpapers for chats and multiple contact selection. At last, that update is now rolling out to everyone, exiting the beta stage.
As previously stated, this update includes a quick reply feature, allowing users to rapidly reply to incoming messages directly from the notification pulldown. Additionally, users now have a few color choices to choose from to revamp the look of their chat windows, as well as quickly add photos or video from your camera roll by tapping the quick camera button.
For those who want to get in on the WhatsApp beta action, you can sign yourself up right here. Simply click, “Become Tester,” then download from Google Play. Super easy.
Here’s the complete changelog.
- Reply to new messages right from notifications
- Tapping the quick camera button in a chat lets you pick a photo or video from your camera roll
- Pick from a set of solid colors for your chat wallpaper
- Quickly archive, delete, or mute multiple chats at once. Just tap and hold a chat in the chats tab and tap on other chats to select them.
- Format text in your messages by surrounding your text with special characters: *bold*, _italics_, or ~strikethrough~
Send us Your Story
Do you have an article or story to publish? Send it to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want us to cover your event, contact us by email: email@example.com or by WhatsApp: +233247516850.