AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join them as Expeditor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To ensure that the Expediting function is carried out to support and achieve the operational and strategic objectives of the Obuasi Redevelopment Project – Phase 3
- Ensure all orders are expedited pro-actively prior to due delivery dates
- Liaise with end-users and project team to monitor and expedite priority orders based on criticality
- Liaise with Scheduler to maintain and update the schedule with due delivery dates and highlight changes in delivery dates.
- Ensure deliveries are made in accordance with contractual requirements and Key Performance Indicator
- Hold meetings with poor performing suppliers and establish mitigating actions to ensure limiting of risk to the project schedule and resolve non-conformances
- Carry out expediting within the principles and support of the ethical practices of the Company
- Maintain record of written correspondence with suppliers
- Liaise with Ports and Harbour Unit (PHU) on daily shipment tracking reports
- Ensure shipment of export/import documentation is correct to avoid clearance delays and generate shipping tracking documents
- Update critical expediting register with shipment information and tracking
- Hold weekly meetings with Suppliers and freight forwarders to track deliveries, load planning and shipment schedules.
- Follow up on deliveries until they have reached Mine Site and ensure receipt of goods in the system.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercial qualification
- 5 years working experience in a commercial role
- SAP knowledge and experience is essential
- Sound knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft suite
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 6TH JANUARY, 2022.
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com