The Mine Dewatering Superintendent is accountable for the development and implementation of Mine Dewatering through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and mining workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Demonstrate safety behaviour consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve design and field safety performance.
- Apply the ‘working elements’ (inspections, audits, JHA, etc.) of the Safety Management System and deliver compliance
- Deliver timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Identify safety training needs and deliver safety training requirements to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work.
- Execute Underground Dewatering supervision of underground aspects of construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Utilise, ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate process interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced
- Reduce energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Support the Mining Department’s to maintain EPA standards underground water discharge.
- Establish the Underground Mine Dewatering team required to support the role holder in executing the project
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Advice and give guidance to the refurbishment project team on best practice and fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes to meet approved design specifications.
- Review schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Support interface management with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Manage Mine Dewatering interaction with respective refurbishment installation contractor and an AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively manage change to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Manage priorities within a dynamic environment, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- Provide major inputs to Engineering Manager – Underground to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the Underground engineering/maintenance throughout the operation.
- Develop the Mine Dewatering aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the Mining, Mine Planning and Mine Engineering teams including localization plan.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the Engineering and Mining departments to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure the work carried out by the underground Mine Dewatering team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment at optimum cost
- Ensure execution of Safe and Efficient Maintenance of Mine Dewatering infrastructure
- Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Develop plan for maintenance activities of the infrastructure:
- Deliver the approved budget whilst proposing solutions to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and identify and discuss opportunities to exceed annual budget and action authorized changes
- Ensure cost impacts in area of accountability are evaluated, approved and budget is revised
- Maintain the Mine Dewatering aspects of Underground Mine Infrastructure within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate
- Develop an asset management strategy in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the Mine Dewatering Infrastructure.
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule and quality for the refurbishment works.
- Advise progress and KPI status in a timely manner to the management team, particularly potential cost, and schedule or quality variances.
- Review and provide feedback regarding contractor’s progress claims.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve cost, schedule, quality and safety outcomes to all engineering, mining, refurbishment and construction activities undertaken in the area of accountability.
- Coordinate and inspect all refurbishment works to ensure works are delivered in accordance with applicable designs, specifications and expectations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Mine Dewatering Operations Manager/Engineer with 7+ years’ experience in underground mine dewatering.
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module.
- Strong Mine Dewatering operations and maintenance competencies in underground environments
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 2ND FEBRUARY, 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com