Applications are invited from suitably qualified graduates to be engaged as Graduate Trainees for a period of two (2) years.
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pit gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
To provide opportunities for young graduates to learn the essential skills covering the entire value chain of open pit gold extraction operations and nurture them as future potential leaders by equipping them with the requisite competences, right behaviours, and confidence to take up greater professional accountabilities in their respective fields of studies or disciplines.
This will be done by giving successful graduates experience in a variety of operational settings to accelerate the acquisition of on-the-job skills, knowledge, and the right attitudes and to serve as a potential source of talents for the company’s current and future manpower requirements.
- BSc. Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Mining Engineering
- BSc. Chemical / Mineral Processing / Metallurgical / Material Engineering
- BSc. Geological Engineering / Geology / Earth Science or Geosciences
- BSc. Human Resource Management, Management Studies
- BSc. Environment and Safety Engineering / Natural Resources
- Applicants must be a Ghanaian with a degree qualification in relation to the above disciplines from a recognized institution
- Applicants must have completed National Service at the time of application
- Must be familiar with mining industry operations
- Knowledge in MS Office applications.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Must possess very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
Interested and eligible graduates should submit their cover letter, resume, certified true copy of educational certificate(s) and National Service Certificate by clicking on “APPLY” button below before close of business on Wednesday 26 October 2022. Applicants not contacted within 21 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any vacancy advertised by AAIL.